Melbourne Breakout Cycle Tour 8D 7N
- Duration: 8 Days (approx.)
- Location: Melbourne, Victoria
- Product code: MB
Melbourne Break Cycle Tour.
The Melbourne Breakout Cycle Tour starts right in Melbourne at the iconic Princes Pier. 8D 7N, 383km,AV 47km/day
- Book with Ease for your cycling holiday. No payments needed at this stage.
- Please complete your details using the Book Now button. Include any special requests for alterations to our standard tour. We will send a you a full itinerary package and invoice. Your booking will be confirmed once the deposit is received.
You will cycle out along Beach Road, the local Melbourne cycling Mecca, on cycle paths and enjoy the view of Port Phillip Bay. Your cycle will take you across the Mornington Peninsula, over the bay on the ferry and right into the heart of Phillip Island at Cowes. Then its off to cycle through Gippsland, along the wild coasts, through the farming country, the old country towns and the fabulous back country, sealed roads that are perfect for cycling. The old township of Loch features a whisky distillery and craft brewery, amongst the old buildings. A day on the rail trail will be a journey through history with beaut little villages, each with their own distinct flavor. The hamlet of Inverloch is set right on the beach with lots of spots to watch the sunset. Your final day will take you along the Bunurong cliffs with many bays and coves to explore. The scenery is truly magic!
Ask us about groups of 4 or more.
A self Guided Fully Supported Cycle Tour that starts any date that suits you. Includes:
383 km, average 47 km/day. Some hilly sections requiring a good level of fitness.
Bikes and cycling equipment for the whole family for 8 days
7 night's accommodation with a hearty breakfast every day
Maps and ride notes for a 8 day ride. Cyclewayz app navigation
Ferry transfer to Philip Island
A tour to the Fairy Penguins and the Summerland area of Phillip Island
Water bottle and snack, Hi vis, front pannier and rear pannier if desired, basic first aid kit.Roadside assistance and people transfer if required.
This 8-day, 383 km cycle tour allows you to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Mornington Peninsula, the Bass Coast and rural Gippsland. Travelling by bicycle on Rail Trails, quiet roads and cycle paths this tour takes an amazing route right out of Melbourne on the famous Beach Road with cycle paths all the way to Philip Island. You will continue to some of the most beautiful places on Phillip Island, the scenic Bass Coast and the green rolling hills of Southern Gippsland.
Day 1: 57 km. Today starts in Melbourne and finishes at the beach in Frankston. Enjoy the arts and views of Beach Road and take time to stop at the Brighton Beach Bathing boxes.
Day 2: 30 km + 26 km rtn side trip. Today is a varied day with a journey through the towns of the Mornington Peninsula, a ride over the southernmost mangroves in the world and a ferry ride to finish at Cowes on Philip Island ready for your Fairy Penguin Tour. You can add in a side trip to the historic Coolarts Mansion with its beautiful garden.
Day 3: 38 km takes you on the back paths through Philip Island to Kilcunda where you will stay right on the cliff tops overlooking the amazing Bass Strait.
Day 4: 40 km sets out into the foothills of the Strzelecki Ranges through rolling green country to the little old town of Loch. You will have a chance to taste the whiskies and crafts beers made right here in Loch.
Day 5: 40 km is the hilliest day of the trip. Take off into the hills and valleys of the Strzelecki ranges. Its not too hard but it is fun! Great views. Lovely country towns and a fast finish into Leongatha along the old Stock Route.
Day 6: 72 km Enjoy a relaxing cycle along the Great Southern Rail Trail. Take on the whole distance 72km or cycle to the markets or the fabulous cafes. We will collect you and return you to Leongatha so the choice is yours on the day!
Day 7: 40 km Today you are off to the beach at Inverloch, a charming little hamlet set right on the coast. Some lovely easy cycling that finishes with time for a swim.
Day 8: 40 km. Your last day takes you along the amazing Bunurong Cliffs with lots of coves and bays to explore. Have a swim at Cape Paterson before you cycle to the State Coal Mine Museum where you can take an underground tour. The last part of your trip is a cycle along the wild bass coast beaches and over the century old Trestle bridge at Kilcunda. We will meet you at the Kilcunda General Store which is now a fabulous organic cafe. We will transfer you to your coach for the trip back to Melbourne.
- Start your cycle in Melbourne and enjoy the olde worlde Brighton Beach Bathing Boxes.
- Visit the Fairy penguins on the empty, wild Bass Coast Beaches
- Enjoy a local whisky and craft beer at Loch
- Taste the craft beers at the new Burra Brewery.
- Journey along the old Railway easements and Taste the fantastic wines and local produce
- Love the vistas of lush green farmland and pristine seascapes.
- See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
- Appreciate the old country towns of yesteryear and their architecture.
- Enjoy the Bunurong Cliffs with the fantastic coves and beaches
- Cycle through Philip Island Nature Reserve, home to many Wallabies, other Australian animals and birds
- Enjoy the wild, deserted beaches of the Bass Coast
- Cruise over the century old Trestle bridges.
- Taste the fantastic wines and local produce that Gippsland is famous for.
- Visit the home of the slow food movement
- See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
- Visit the State Coal Mine Wonthaggi and go underground
- Love the old country towns of yesteryear.
- Be a part of the scenery with huge vistas to Wilsons Promontory.