Three Rail Trails Cycle Experience 4D 3N
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Location: Leongatha, Victoria
- Product code: 3RTCE
The Three Rail Trails Cycle Experience.
Starts close by Melbourne Australia. Easy access by public Transport.
- Book with Ease for your cycling holiday. No payments needed at this stage.
- Please complete your details using the Book Now button. Include any special requests for alterations to our standard tour. We will send a you a full itinerary package and invoice. Your booking will be confirmed once the deposit is received.
This cycle tour showcases the Bass Coast, Grand Ridge and the Great Southern Rail Trails. You will enjoy the amazing Bass Coast Rail Trail with its huge trestle bridge, the wild coastal scenery of the Bunurong Reserve, the forests of the Grand Ridge high in the Strzelecki Ranges and the rolling dairy country with views to Wilsons Promontory.
A self Guided Fully Supported Cycle Tour that starts any date that suits you. Includes:
Bikes and cycling equipment for the whole family for 4 days
3 night's accommodation
Maps and ride notes for a 4 day ride. Cyclewayz app navigation
Water bottle and snackRoadside assistance
This 4-day tour allows you to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Bass Coast and rural Gippsland. Travelling by bicycle on Rail Trails this tour takes you along the scenic Bass Coast, through the forests of the Strzelecki Ranges and through history and the green rolling hills of Southern Gippsland.
You will have vistas of the wild ocean, the lush green rolling foothills of the Gippsland Strzelecki Ranges, the temperate rain forests and Wilsons Promontory National Park.
You will have a chance to experience what life was like for the Miners of the early 1900’s in the State Coal Mine at Wonthaggi where you can go on an underground tour.
You have 4 days’ cycling, averaging around 32 kms each day, with an option to do some or all of the Bass Coast Walk which starts at Kilcunda with its fantastic views, amazing headlands and protected coves. You have plenty of time to swim in one of the many beaches, play on the sand when there are no swimming flags, stop in cafes, enjoy the parks, take in the Art Galleries, sample the local produce, explore the old time country towns, have fun at Amaze’n’things, enjoy the museums or simply relax. Every day is different, and we know you’ll just love it!
- Enjoy the wild, deserted beaches of the Bass Coast
- Love the old town of Mirboo North
- Seethe immense trees and temperate rainforests of the Grand Ridge.
- Cruise over the century old Trestle bridges.
- Take the George Bass Coast walk over the headlands –as far as you like.
- Taste the fantastic wines and local produce that Gippsland is famous for.
- Visit the home of the slow food movement
- See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
- Journey through history along the old Railway easements which have been converted to a rail trail for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
- Visit the State Coal Mine Wonthaggi and go underground
- Love the old country towns of yesteryear.
- Be a part of the scenery with huge vistas to Wilsons Promontory.
- Enjoy the ports with views of Corner Inlet and Wilsons Prom