Grand Pacific Cycle Tour 2D 1N
- Duration: 2 Days (approx.)
- Product code: GPC
Starts close by Sydney Australia. Easy access by public Transport.
- Book with Ease for your cycling holiday. No payments needed at this stage.
- Please complete your details using the Book Now button. Include any special requests for alterations to our standard tour. We will send a you a full itinerary package and invoice. Your booking will be confirmed once the deposit is received.
Explore the stunning Illawarra Coast by bicycle on this 2-day cycling tour.
Beginning just south of Sydney (and easily accessible by train), this bike tour is a perfect way to explore the coast and escape the noise and traffic of the city. With over 50% of the route on bike paths, it's also a great tour for those new to cycle touring.
Starting in the beautiful forests of Australia’s oldest National Park, the tour follows the stunning Illawarra Coast to Wollongong on the first day, and then on to the picturesque sea-side town of Kiama on the second day. Please read below for a full itinerary.
A self Guided Fully Supported Cycle Tour that starts any date that suits you. Includes:
- 2 days' cycling - travelling at your own pace, stopping when and where you want!
- 1 night’s accommodation and breakfast at a 4-star hotel.
- 2 days' hire of bicycles, helmets, front panniers and cycling equipment.
- Maps and ride notes, detailing route and attractions. Cyclewayz app for electronic navigation and information.
- Luggage transfer - we transfer your luggage to the hotel so you don't have to carry anything heavy.
- Water bottle, snack and emergency rain poncho.
- Celebratory drinks at the end of each day’s ride.
- Roadside assistance. If anything goes wrong, just give us a call!
A detailed itinerary will be emailed out to you after booking.Day 1
Australian Cycling Holidays will meet you at 820am at Waterfall Station in Sydney's south, and set you up with the equipment and information that you need for your cycling tour, and collect your luggage.
Your ride starts off with a quiet cycle through the Royal National Park and along the Hacking River before climbing to the Illawarra Escarpment. After enjoying the magnificent views, you then follow the Grand Pacific Drive, a dramatic road that follows the narrow strip of coast between the mountains and the sea.
Shortly after crossing the dramatic Sea Cliff Bridge, you join the Illawarra Coastal Cycle Path, a lovely gentle path which takes you right into Wollongong via the beaches, lagoons and waterways of this lovely stretch of coastline.
You finish your day's ride with a celebratory drink at your hotel, the Novotel Wollongong Northbeach.Day 2
After a delicious breakfast at the hotel, you have a short cycle around the Boat Harbour at Wollongong, before heading inland to the Nan Tien Temple. Here you can wander through the temples and gardens, or stop for refreshments at the tea house. You then head around Lake Illawarra and back to the coast, with the option to stop at the pretty Shellharbour Village. Your afternoon's cycle takes you through mangrove swamps to the mouth of the Minnamurra River and then along the dramatic coastal landscape that leads into the picturesque town of Kiama.
We will meet you at the finish of your tour for a celebratory drink at the Sebel Harbourside Kiama!
Getting there and back again
The start and finish points of this tour are both on the South Coast Train Line, with direct access to Sydney. Train fares are not included in the cost of your tour - allow $10 per person each way. Train reservations are not required. For train timetables and details of how to get to the train station, visit the public transport website at www.131500.com, or alternatively, contact us - we're very happy to assist!